Date: Thursday March 12, 2019 at 9.00-15.00
Location: Kupittaa, Turku (exact location TBA)
Presenter & Facilitator: Werner Ravyse, Turku Game Lab / Turku University of Applied Sciences
Welcome to a workshop on how to adopt new technologies with special references to some of the rapid experimentation processes taken on by Turku University of Applied Sciences within the Tulevaisuuden älykkäät oppimisympäristöt / Smart Learning Environments for the Future project.
The workshop is aimed at start-ups and SMEs. There is no registration fee. Breakfast and lunch are offered to all participants.
The programme will be updated early 2020.
Registration by March 6: email@example.com
The main outcomes of the workshop are:
- Concrete understanding of the different learning technologies of today and the future
- Deeper insight into the different types of learners and how they react to learning with technology
- Contextual profile of your learning environment’s technology adoption readiness situation.
09:00 – Arrival and breakfast
09:30 – Defining the learners (w/ reference to the project)
10:00 – Types of educational material and technologies available and where they are used
10:30 – Case studies: High school learning constructionist approach & Business simulation created for entry-level management
11:30 – Lunch
12:30 – Practical reflective session — Technology adoption curve
- Where do you lie, and the problems associated being tasked with creating technology if you are on the wrong side of the curve?
- Personal problems they foresee or have experienced
- What is their biggest concern regarding the use of tech in training?
14:30 – Guest talk: EDvantage Oy — Which is the driver, education or technology?
Anttoni Lehto / firstname.lastname@example.org
Werner Ravyse / email@example.com